Stonestown Family YMCA
San Francisco, Ca
First Friday of each month 8am-10am
San Francisco, Ca
Peninsula Del Rey
Senior Living Community
Daly City, Ca
Fridays 10:30am -11:30am
Private Lessons by appointment
Sifu Kiyoko Hancock
Blog: Notes From the Epicenter
Good in the Beginning,
Good in the Middle,
Good in the End:
Moments In Time
-by Sifu Kiyoko Hancock
Dr. James MacKimmie Life & Health Commentary
For those of you who are interested in Dr. MacKimmie, I have updated my mini mag today to include Dr. MacKimmie's handout: "Life & Health".
Dr. MacKimmie would always give this information out to all of his new patients, but all of his patients always read it more than once. I thought you would enjoy this. The "Earl Grey Tea Foot Soak" and the "Castor Oil Packs" were remedies he recommended time and time again. I have used both many times and they has always been of great benefit.
Though Dr. MacKimmie is no longer with us in physical form, because of the voice recording that I have of him chanting the "MacKimmie Mantra" and his teachings, no matter where he is, he is always with us still.
Enjoy this little bit more of a wise and kind teacher.
Life & Health
Today, whether you know it on not, you are in a battle fighting for your
health against food processing, contaminated water, and toxins in your daily
environment. Wake up and realize that to experience wellness you must
become a researcher into you daily foods, read labels, and ask questions.
You must listen to the common sense of your body if you are to survive. You
cannot afford to let others tell you what to eat or how to live. Most
experts are wrong sooner or later. We live in a world surrounded by junk
food goodies. Thomas Jefferson: “The price of Freedom is Eternal Vigilance”.
The price for your Health is also Eternal Vigilance. Rule Number 1 : ” The
body must be fed, and fed correctly.”
You are the most important person in your life. With good health, you can
be happy, healthy and magnificent. Seek the road of health by taking charge
of your life in a gentle way. Begin in the food end. It is worth it. If
you feel comfortable working with me, and you are willing to follow
directions, then we shall join together to bring about your better health
provided that you are willing to work at it. If you feel uncomfortable,
then this is not your path, keep looking, you WILL find what you need. It
is important that you decide on what you want in this life and then move
toward it. “God heals and the doctor takes the fee” (B. Franklin).
You are what you eat. Your fork can be hour greatest healer. WATCH WHAT
GOES ON IT!!!! Good food is cheap medicine, buy organic if possible. Get
on with it! It will never be easier! Have you ever satisfied you sugar
wants so far in this life? No, never! It seems that pain directs us
forward, that, or vanity, or breakdown of the body. So be wise and take you
health back into your own hands.
Get up early, begin drinking your daily water for its cleansing, waterfall
effect, be still and listen, take a hour walk before eating, then eat
breakfast but drink no more water for 3 hours. Try it, you will like it.
It is magical. Be of good cheer, depend on the NOW. Yesterday and tomorrow
don‚t exist, live in the moment. Life truly is what happens when YOU are
planning for other thing to happen. Don’t ruin the present by living in the
past or the future.
* Drink at least twelve 8 oz. glasses of good water during the day to let
your kidneys filter the horrendous amounts of toxins in the environment.
* Drink your water at least 30 minutes before and 3 hours after eating to
allow enzymes to do their work.
* Eat organic/ natural: beef, lamb, chicken, fish, fertile eggs, lightly
steamed or raw veggies, fruit (by itself only), baked potatoes, herbal teas,
sprouted grains or Ezekial bread, in other words, REAL FOODS.
* Watch the videos: “Question of Faith” and “First Do No Harm” (both true
* Read the books: “Your Body’s Many Cries for Water‰ by Dr. Batmanghelidj,
“Sugar Blues” by William Dufty, “What Your Doctor May NOT Tell You About
Menopause”or “Premenopause” by Dr. John R. Lee, “Optimal Nutrition for
Optimal Health” by Dr. Thomas E. Levy, AND FOR THE BRAVE “Fast Food Nation”by Eric Schlosser.
* Lovingly accept and give thanks for your life as it is RIGHT NOW!
* FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS!!!!
* ALL, yes ALL milk products/ lactose/casein/ whey (read labels), sugar,
chocolate, pork, head lettuce, most commercial teas, coffee/ decaff,
artificial flavorings/ colorings, MSG, foil for cooking, aluminum and
“non-stick”‚ cookware/ utensils and any foods cooked using them, aluminum
based and crystal stone deodorants, beverages in aluminum cans, electric
blankets, battery watches, waterbeds, microwave ovens, cell phones,
photosensitive glasses, fluorescent lights, fluoride toothpastes, chewing
gum, artificial sweeteners, preservatives, soda pops and diet drinks.
* When in doubt, DON’T WAIT, ASK!!!!
Decide in the quiet of your inner being what you want for yourself and from
life and get the two of them together. What you think and eat will surely
become. I look forward to helping you travel the road of Good Health.
TEA FOOT BATH
1. Put a bag of TWININGS Earth Grey tea into a ceramic cup and add boiling
(Heat the water in a stainless steel or glass pot).
2. Let it steep for 10 minutes.
3. Put the tea into a container that is large enough to hold both youf feet.
Do NOT use a rubber, plastic, aluminum, or Teflon type container∑
A stainless steel bowl or a ceramic covered turkey roaster works well.
4. Add enough comfortably hot water to be high enough to cover your ankle
5. Soak your feet for 20 minutes every evening.
6. Pour tea mixture down the drain when you are finished.
NOTES: USE ONLY 1 TEA BAG
NEVER REUSE THE TEA BAG
USE ONLY TWININGS EARL GREY TEA (NOT DECAFFEINATED)
CASTER OIL PACK
1. Cut a piece of flannel 1‚ X 4‚ and fold it into 4 thicknesses to make it
1‚ X 1‚.
(An old flannel nightgown works well.)
2. Soak in castor oil until saturated.
3. Wring out and position on your body to the right of your navel over the
liver area, under your right breast from where the ribs meet together in
front and down to the appendix area.
4. Cover with plastic wrap.
5. Use a hot water bottle or heating pad on top of the pack for 45 minutes.
6. Then put the pack on any other area that needs help for another 45
minutes or put it for 15 minutes each on three different places that need
help for a total of 45 minutes.
(This makes a total time for packing of 1 hours).
7. Use it daily for 5 days. Rest 2 days. Then begin the cycle again of 5
days on, 2 days off.
8. Store the pack in the refrigerator in a plastic bag and it will last
NOTES; USE A GOOD CASTER OIL FROM THE HEALTH FOOD STORE.
YOU CAN HEAT YOUR PACK WITH A HEATING PAD BEFORE EACH USE.
ADD MORE OIL AS NEEDED.